Intro to WordPress/Web Dev
This guide is useful for users of all ages and skill levels. However, if you need help, then you can contact our expert team to help you setup your website for free.
If you want to do it by yourself, then please continue to follow our step by step guide on how to make a website.
Here is an overview from start to finish of all the steps we’ll walk you through in this guide.
- How to find and register a domain name for free
- Choosing the best web hosting
- How to install WordPress
- Installing a template to change your site’s design
- Creating pages in WordPress
- Customizing WordPress with addons and extensions
- Resources to learn WordPress and get support
- Taking it further, building websites with more features
- Before we start creating a website, let’s cover some of the most commonly asked questions that we get.
What do I need to build a website?
You’ll need the following three things to start your WordPress site.
- A domain name – this is the name of your website such as google.com
- WordPress hosting – this is where your website files are stored.
- 45 minutes of your undivided attention.
Which is the best website platform?
There are many website builders available that will help you setup a website. We recommend using self-hosted WordPress as your website platform. WordPress is the most popular website platform in the world. It powers nearly 28% of all websites on the internet. WordPress is free and comes with thousands of website designs and extensions. It is extremely flexible and works with almost every third-party tool and service available to website owners.
We use WordPress to build all our websites including this one, WPBeginner.
…. to be continued